If you’re contemplating a new gas furnace and hesitating about opting for a high-efficiency unit, this information might sway your decision. Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning, your amicable heating company in Columbia Heights MN, presents insights into why investing in a high-efficiency furnace is a smarter choice than you might realize.
For personalized advice, reach out to Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning, your trusted furnace companion offering a diverse range of choices, including high-efficiency units.
Understanding AFUE: Unlocking Energy Efficiency
Each furnace boasts an energy efficiency rating known as the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). This metric represents the ratio of the furnace’s annual heat output to the amount of annual fuel energy it consumes.
For instance, an AFUE of 90 percent implies that 90 percent of the fuel energy gets converted into heat, while the remaining 10 percent escapes into the air. The government mandates that all furnace manufacturers produce systems with a minimum of 80 percent AFUE.
Benefits of High-Efficiency Furnaces:
- High-efficiency furnaces, often starting with a minimum AFUE of 90 percent and reaching up to 98 percent, ensure optimal utilization of every fuel dollar. A significant portion, at least 90 percent, transforms into effective heat for your home.
- Referred to as condensing furnaces, high-efficiency units provide more uniform heating and maintain a stable room temperature. Enhanced airflow eliminates impurities from the air, curbing mold development and fostering a healthier indoor environment for safer breathing.
Lower Operational Sound:
- Besides the health and energy advantages, new high-efficiency furnaces emit substantially less operating noise compared to older models. Innovative sound-dampening materials contribute to a quieter operation.
Features of the Lennox ML193:
- With product registration, the ML193 qualifies for a 10-year Limited Extended Warranty. Lennox additionally provides a 5-year Limited Warranty on covered parts and a 20-Year Warranty on the Heat Exchanger.
- Every component of the ML193 has undergone rigorous testing in research labs, ensuring reliable, season-after-season performance.
- The ML193 boasts an impressive 93 percent AFUE efficiency rating compared to older, low-efficiency models, potentially translating to substantial annual heating cost savings.
- When paired with a Lennox® heat pump, the ML193 forms a system seamlessly alternating between electricity and gas fuel, ensuring optimal energy-efficient comfort.
- A Duralok Plus heat exchanger, crafted from patented ArmorTuf steel, captures waste heat, and a stainless steel secondary heat exchanger attains industry-leading efficiency levels, prolonging the furnace’s life.
- The SureLight® ignitor, constructed with silicon nitride, ensures durability and reliable operation.
- The SureLight® integrated control board offers precise control over furnace operation.
- To minimize heat loss, the ML193 features an elegantly-styled, durable steel cabinet with a high-quality paint finish.
Trust None Other Than the Pros:
For your next furnace investment, entrust Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning. As a Lennox Premier Dealer with a comprehensive lineup of Lennox furnaces, including the ML193, our factory-trained and certified technicians specialize in installation, maintenance, and repair. As your reliable Blaine furnace repair and installation contractor, we strive to deliver nothing but the best HVAC solutions for your home.